- Is our meeting location inviting and welcoming?
- Do our members warmly welcome prospective members?
- Do our members have cliques?
- Are our meetings stimulating and fun?
- Is our membership diverse by age and gender?
- If a meal is served, is it well prepared and a good value?
- If a meal is served, should it be eliminated and not have a meal?
- Is the meeting time appropriate for potential members?
- Would a satellite offer additional opportunities for membership?
- Do we have an adequate recruiting system to inform prospective members of the club EXPECTATIONS for members?
- Does our club induct new members with a solemn ceremony?
- Does our club offer inductees the opportunity to invite a family member for the occasion?
- Do we have an orientation program that provides club and Rotary information?
- Do we assign an experience club member to MENTOR new members?
- Does our club keep new and long-time members engaged with social events, useful projects, and other fun activities that have the ability to include family members?
District 5470 has become one of the newest partners with the Rotary Leadership Institute! We have trained 25 facilitators from our District and are ready to offer the brand new 2015-18 version of the RLI curriculum to you. This program teaches the essence of leadership skills along with an strong knowledge of Rotary. It has a limited lecture component but includes an abundance of class discussion and sharing along with interactive experiences to help you develop your leadership skills.
We are offering the new District RLI training on the following schedule and providing a boxed lunch on Saturday:
Friday, June 17 (Day that Rotary Roundup (District Conference) begins –
Grand Junction - Bray Real Estate Office
Part I - 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Friday, September 23 and 24 – Colorado Springs - Rockrimmon Library
Part I - Friday 1 to 5:30 pm & Saturday 10:30 to 11:30.
Part II – Saturday 11:30 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, October 14 and 15 – Montrose - Delta/Montrose Electric Association
Part I - Friday 1 to 6 pm & Saturday 9:30 am to 11 am
Part II – Saturday 9:30 to 3:30 pm
Registration fee is $40 per session to cover notebooks, printing, and food.
If taking both Part I and II, fee is a total of $80. Registration is at rotary5470.org.
Message from the Newly formed International Service Committee
As most of you have discovered by now, RI has a new website. It's a two-part site - one for non-Rotarians who want to find out about Rotary, and one for Rotarians. Especially the part for Rotarians is difficult to navigate. RI has finally produced a few video tutorial and here is the link to the one for Rotarians: http://vimeo.com/73963261